CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

July 2018

A little morning hike with some cute girlfriends. It was a LONG hike and we ran into a moose and her baby which naturally we were terrified and ran away. Probably a wrong move but we made it through!
The 24th of July was spent in Kingston with some good friends.
It was a little bit toasty waiting for the parade, but there sure was a lot of candy. 
A super fun day of four wheeling, hiking, and fun.
This poor little guy woke up from a nap SCREAMING while we were in the side by side. A few minutes later (and having no idea why he was screaming) we saw a wasp fly out of his shirt. Luckily Jesse's a genius and put some mud on him. It seemed to help him a lot quickly. I felt so bad for him, but he was a tough guy.  More pictures further down. I'm just a bit too lazy to move them!
The end of July brought some Moab fun so we could be there for our beautiful niece Kinley's baptism. We fit a lot of fun into 2 days. At the Moab pool our kids had their first diving board experience. Lexi, Tess and Bodee all went off of the high dive. Maverik would of gone but we wouldn't let him. They did great and had a lot of fun. Lexi is so brave and dived off the low dive. We let Maverik jump off of the low dive and were a little surprised when he did a front flip. He is such a crazy little dude.
We finalized our adventure with a drive through Arches National Park.  We were definitely the best dressed people out there!
This is a day that I have dreaded writing about. I am already in tears. What started out as a pretty awesome day ended with one of the worst moments of my life. We had a fun cousin party almost all day with splash pads, movies and ending with sleepover at my house. All of the kids were playing hide and seek while I was making dinner. About an hour later we were all sitting around the tables and I realized Maverik was not around. We spent the next few minutes looking for him and then panic set in. I couldn't imagine where he had gone. There were probably 15 of us running up and down the streets looking for him. Just as I about imagined he was kidnapped I peeked in the windows of the car and hit the window in defeat. My sister Kina happened to see Maverik poke her head up just for a second. We realized that he had locked himself in my Moms car and had been laying on the floor where he happened to blend in very well. I attempted to break the windows and started screaming when I saw that he was soaked in sweat from head to toe.  He was most likely in the very hot car for an hour. The temperatures were in the high 90's that week. When my mom seconds later got to us with the keys I pulled his body out of the car while his body seemed lifeless. I immediately ran to the hose and waited what felt like hours for the water to turn cold, held my baby boy while Kina soaked him in cold water for about 10 minutes before the ambulance got there. I felt hopeless while my little boy barely seemed to recognize there was freezing water on him. Tears and hopeless screams were all I could manage to do. When the ambulance got there they took his temp and he was still 106 degrees. I truly did not know if my child would live much longer and if he did what type of brain injuries would he suffer. 
Miracles and the power of prayers were affirmed to me this day. When we got to the hospital he was still sweating but his internal temperature had dropped to the point the doctors weren't as concerned. My sweet Jesse was gone and landed in California to a text message saying they had heard about Maverik and wanted to know what they could do. Poor Jesse was in panic mode and made the next flight out which got him home early in the AM to see his boy. I can only imagine what a difficult night that was for him. 
I was overjoyed that night when the sweet firefighters took care of Maverik and the first smile we saw from him he had his badge and wouldn't let it go for days after. This little boy is a fighter.
These men were the hero's who helped me and Maverik get through a traumatic experience. We went to visit them the next day. My sweet family are a HUGE support system and went with me to buy lots and lots of stuffed animals and made cookies to bring to these amazing men. While we were in the ambulance the men were looking for stuffed animals to give to Maverik to make him happy and must have been out. We felt it was the only thing we could do to say thank you for a miracle by serving someone else.
My family means the world to me and I am so grateful that Heavenly Father allowed him to stay with us here on Earth. Miracles DO happen everyday.
The 24th of July Parade preview was a lot of fun. This picture was taken right before Lexi made Chinese eyes right as an Asian walked by....HAHA moments!
These moments are ones I don't want to forget. Kingston provides some interesting memories for these kids and I'm very grateful.
The fish rodeo was awesome and surprisingly very hard to catch fish.
Maverik cried and cried because he was scared of the fish.
The rest of them finally got some with a little effort.
I love that Lexi is holding hers like a football. Gross!
We then had fish gutting lessons and it was quite smelly but intriguing.
Some food at one of our favorite pizza places in Marysvale was a good treat. 

0 comments: